Find new balance with Greentree Chiropractic & Rehab.
We have helped patients of all ages and backgrounds resolve a wide range of health challenges by addressing their core alignments with our comprehensive care plans. Outside of our offices, however, many people don’t realize that relief is available and that a chiropractor could help.
Here are a few of the issues that our care plans can treat:
- Allergies – Where antihistamines treat the symptoms of allergies to offer relief, chiropractic arms your body to fight back. Typically, the immune system reacts to an allergen with a number of uncomfortable symptoms. If your spine is misaligned, the connection between your nervous system and your immune system can be hindered. Realigning your spine can remove this strain and reduce the severity of allergic reactions.
- Disc Problems – Slipping a disc is a common phrase, but few people know what intervertebral discs or how important they are. These soft discs facilitate spinal movement by padding the small gap between the bones and absorb shock that might otherwise lead to injury. A disc bulge or herniation can be a serious and painful condition. Realigning the spine can realign the spine to relieve this pressure and pain.
- Whiplash – A car accident is traumatic enough, but the force of the accident can lead to a problem that lingers a long time after the initial crash. The whip-like snap of your body being thrown back and forth violently in a crash affects ligaments and can damage other soft tissues. An effective treatment plan that includes chiropractic massage can relieve pain and promote recovery.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a painful, chronic condition that results from repeat bone-to-bone contact in joints, usually because the cartilage has been worn away. As the symptoms of arthritis intensify, living an active lifestyle can be nearly impossible while setting the stage for even more problems down the road. A chiropractic alignment can restore proper joint movement and relieve much if not all of the arthritic pain.
- Joint Dysfunction – Regardless of its source, joint dysfunction can impact other parts of problem, leading to impaired mobility and increased pain. To treat joint dysfunction, we identify its root cause—injury, poor posture, etc—and develop a customized care plan to correct the problem.
- Neck and Back Pain – Spinal pain can be crippling, even if the cause is a seemingly minor misalignment of the vertebrae. Referred to as subluxations, these misalignments put pressure on your nerves, triggering spasms and pain. Where pain killers mask the pain, a spinal alignment is a direct treatment.
- Headaches – The direct cause of headaches is typically tension in your shoulders and neck. While environmental factors like stress and fatigue can contribute to this tension, the root cause of headaches is muscular tightness that misaligns your vertebrae. Neck massage and spinal adjustment can remove relieve and prevent these cervicogenic headaches (that radiate upward from your neck and into your temples or eyes).
- Sciatica – Irritation of the sciatic nerve your subluxations, bulging discs, or muscle spasms can lead to sciatica, which presents with symptoms like discomfort, weakness, or even numbness of your lower back and legs. After a proper diagnosis, sciatica can be treated with a thorough chiropractic care plan, addressing the contributing factors to remove the problems irritating the nerve.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Poor posture and repetitious strain, often occurring in front of a keyboard, can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome. Though you feel symptoms of weakness and perhaps burning in your fingers, wrist, and arm, the spine is still the center of your nervous system. A posture, spinal, and joint adjustment from a chiropractor can help relieve the pain of carpal tunnel.
- Fibromyalgia – Though we still have a lot to learn about this condition, which currently has no single known cause, we believe at this point that many of the symptoms can be linked to particular physical and psychological factors. For these reasons, a chiropractic massage and other adjustments could help ease your symptoms of pain and discomfort.
- Maintenance Care – Regular visits to a chiropractor can help you to prevent problems before they start and help you to maintain the progress toward your healthy lifestyle that you’ve made. At the same time, you can improve your energy levels, your mobility, and other key facets of your wellbeing.